Guruphiliac: William Cooper's Kracked-Out Christ



Wednesday, February 15, 2006

William Cooper's Kracked-Out Christ

File under: Satscams and Gurus Clockin' Dollars

William Cooper, licensed counselor in Austin, Texas, and the Kracki's main deeksha supplier there, is attempting to reach Texas Christians by claiming deeksha to be "the laying on of hands" described in the Bible.

While it does make the deeksha scam more palatable to the less culturally adventurous in Texas, there's going to be Hell to pay when the Fundies find out about this. As much as we don't agree with the Fundies on just about anything, we welcome their resistance to this insidious attempt to wrest the possibilities of self-realization from the lives of the duped in order to feed the greed of a couple of flimflamming fauxvatars and their barking snake oil salesmen.

Here's an example of the crazy-making spiritual quackery that is Cooper's deeksha scamming, as self-aggrandizing as it is spiritually fraudulent:
Wow, William... When I got to Amy, I felt/saw her place a golden crown on my crown chakra and then place golden jewels on it all the way up above me. I was literally connected with everything. I felt so honored and valued. Then, when I got to you, I saw you and then I saw Jesus. You were Christ and he was you. I heard my self saying a big "yes" And his/your essence was pouring into me from your/his eyes. It took my breath away. It was all so perfect. All of it. Thank you, William, for your beautiful presence. I am awash in gratitude for everything and everyone. Great things are coming. Many blessings to you.
We feel there's a very hot spot in Hell prepared for the likes of Cooper, and we don't even believe in the place. It won't be long until he is branded as Satanic by the rest of the Christian community in Texas, and as far as we're concerned, it will be totally accurate and well deserved.

4 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger CHUCK said...

Chuck says he hopes this guy is making lots of money, cause he's gonna get hisself crucified on a Texas sized cactus!

 
At 2/21/2006 5:53 AM, Blogger ananda said...

RUSH RUSH RUSH!
As per a press release by the Kalkiites, the price of touching God's feet has just been increased to 500,000 INR (11,279 USD). Peanuts for Americans, but a lot for third-worlders (very few Indians earn this much in a year, even fewer Kalkiites do).

Does Guiness keep a record for most expensive feet-touching? I hope Kalki's feet are insured ...

Kalki's mouthpiecesunyata has the dope on beloved Kracki, as usual.

Warning: Please dont get caught in the stampede!

 
At 7/09/2008 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is old and I shouldn't reply but I must say your representation of Christ isn't impressive, in fact it's repelling. Your statement - We feel there's a very hot spot in Hell prepared for the likes of Cooper - shows how detached you really are from the love of Christ. I have attended Mr. Cooper's deeksha meeting, it's not at all what you think. It was by far the greatest experience of God's love I have ever had, pure joy and bliss, words cannot express my experience. Unfortunately I live too far to travel to Austin much otherwise I would be there every week. I felt more love in that hour than I have ever experienced at a church (not saying churches are bad, just not as spiritually powerful). The experience made me more thankful and less judgmental in my everyday life. BTW - He only takes donations, there is not a mandatory charge, most people throw $5 to $20 in an offering basket at the door. You condemn this man who loves Christ and have no idea what you are talking about. Hmm, didn't that happen to Christ?

 
At 7/09/2008 8:46 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

your representation of Christ isn't impressive

Any "representation of Christ" is at its very best, inaccurate history, and as is usually the case, over-the-top superstition, mythology and an utterly fantasy-based hagiography.

Your statement - We feel there's a very hot spot in Hell prepared for the likes of Cooper - shows how detached you really are from the love of Christ.

Opinion noted. I'll offer that the concept "Christ" plays no role whatsoever in my own sadhana. Make of that what you will.

I have attended Mr. Cooper's deeksha meeting, it's not at all what you think.

It is in terms of being a context where subjective experiences are suggested, generated and then tagged as being the result of a magic power called "deeksha."

It was by far the greatest experience of God's love I have ever had, pure joy and bliss, words cannot express my experience.

Some folks are primed to pop, they were just looking for an excuse to believe in it. Looks like Cooper's bs fit the bill for you. It is said by this blog that bad gurus can still work great for the right devotee, that the power of spirituality rests in the sincerity and surrender of the devotee, not in any magic powers the guru is believed to possess.

You condemn this man who loves Christ and have no idea what you are talking about.

Unfortunately, you don't appear to have any idea of what I'm talking about either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home